Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pillow Talk

What's up!!

I'm sure you heard this before from other interior decorators.....

The best way to spruce up your space for $20-$50 bucks is


PILLOWS.  Throw pillows, specifically.

Everyone...I hope they're still there but when I stopped by TJ Maxx a few days ago they had a HUGE HUGE over-shipment of throw pillows in all the colors you can imagine.


I took pictures as proof.


This sales associate at TJ Maxx was the bomb.  Look at how she coordinated all the pillows by color!!  The boxes at the end were still full of turquoise and blue pillows. Gorgeous!!

So run to "the Maxx" now!


I ended buying a pillow at Home Goods (which by the way is a subsidiary of TJ Maxx and Marshalls) because it was chevron and chartreuse green. This was $20 bucks but I was happy.

(I really need to figure out how to make the walls not appear like wasted space)

I've seen other blogs where they make pillows exactly like this but boy, I was sure glad to buy it and spare myself the trouble of making my own. :-D



As I said before, the guest room is still a work in progress.  Dave said we can't have the pink bed sheets from my single life anymore because it's "too girly".  He's right.  The guest room cannot be sexist.

So I'm thinking I have to keep the green pillow.  I am not sure about the ruffle pillow.  I love it but it has a huge pilling problem :(

I'm thinking that green can work with grey...I'm thinking of green like the green color on bamboo and the grey river rocks.

We did browse at Ikea and I SAW THIS:


ALINA  :-D

I've never seen my name on anything.  Not even on a souvenir key chain.  
The plan is to buy it this weekend.  Because it has my name!  

And on a final note, I want to leave you with this

"Life takes you to unexpected places; love always brings you home"

Very true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, positive and constructive. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts at Dave is Home!