Friday, January 11, 2013

Snow and Goals

It's snowing.

I believe in the power of prayer and witnessed several miracles resulting from it but...

Whoever is praying for snow, please stop.  


Dave is out with guys and I'm here at home enjoying my me time.  

I browsed through my magazines I received earlier this week:
  • House Beautiful
  • Real Simple
  • January's Crate & Barrel Catalogue.  


Below is some inspiration from Crate & Barrel.  I'm excited because they've picked colors that are my favorite and it's similar to what we have going on in our living room.  Lots of blues/greens/mints are trending up for 2013.

I'm drawn to the poppy flower picture frame.  Not crazy about the price but I love it.  Also the lamp, the driftwood table.  I also love white walls. 



Last weekend we started organizing the guest room a little bit more.


Before...





Some progress (this was taken on my new iPhone 5 so the pictures are going to look slightly better than before)

We're also in the process of finally framing some wedding photos and looking into purchasing more art.  February's  Real Simple issue had a nice article interviewing a guy who sells contemporary art. So when we buy more wall art, I'll post about that too and his tips. I hope to replicate the poppy flower wall art! 



And since it's 2013, my goal is to get my black belt in Tae-Kwon-Do this year.  If I want to kick butt, I got to get my fat butt back to training.  I went back this week and never felt better!  The black belt test is strenuous so I have to go exercise more often this year.  

Another goal is to sleep better by exercising and going to bed earlier during the week.  

Another goal is to save more money.  We are saving but we are looking to save more by using one car and eating more at home during the week and some other random stuff.  It is making a difference. 

My other goal is to be organized at home and throw out/donate things that we don't need piling up.  If the home isn't organized then nothing else is organized.  

I'll start making some posts about the progress of my goals too.  Hopefully they don't fall short! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, positive and constructive. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts at Dave is Home!