Thursday, August 1, 2013

Just Say No To Baby Registry


We were fine without a registry for our wedding.  So with a baby shower on the way, we aren't registering for baby girl.

My reasons not to have a registry:


  • Registering eliminates the surprise factor for the recipient.  
  • Registering eliminates the creativity and imagination factor for the giver.   
  • Registering gives away how much people spent on your gift.
  • Registering limits the giver's shopping options as well as ours.  I love many stores...I couldn't get myself to pick "the one" store to get all our things that are essential for life with a baby, as told by sales associates everywhere.  
  • People who REALLY want to get you a gift, do want to get you something you like, or something sweet, cute, or useful for the baby!
  • Anything we get as a shower gift is good; since it's our first baby.   
  • My theory I made up before our wedding worked!!!  That being, we were less likely to receive duplicates by not registering.  If we registered for a crockpot, chances are somebody is going to look for one similar to the one on our registry and get one that's cheaper.  That's how people get stuck with a ton of duplicates.  We got zero crockpots while other couples we knew that registered received 11 crockpots...

Plus....I couldn't register for baby stuff I consider too personal, no way I'm going to request gifts that involves my nursing preferences or breasts in general  ----> (O)(O)  =D


How did women and babies survive before baby registries were invented?  I'm pretty sure the majority of women of the world and their babies have been doing fine without them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, positive and constructive. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts at Dave is Home!