Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Good luck in Yellow

Just  quick blog post today as I like going to bed at a reasonable time

Yesterday's dinner was Chinese and my message in my fortune cookie said:

"Focus in on the color yellow tomorrow for good luck!"


I'm sure that fortune worked pretty darn well for everyone today
 with the exception of  Lance Armstrong, who stepped down as the chairman of the Livestrong Foundation today...what a bummer.






On a brighter note, yellow is the color of being happy!  It is used for gender-neutral nurseries.

So...how can the color yellow work best if you're thinking about using it as a paint color?

Yellow (or canary, mustard, buttercream, golden rod etc etc) paint works best 
if your room has a lot of natural light exposed for the majority of the time, or lots of big windows.  I've noticed this as I browsed through pictures with yellow color schemes.  

Here is article from BHG.com about decorating with yellow. 

I know there was a specific article on yellow PAINT from BHG but I have to look back at my magazines and go find it because it's not online.  Once I find it I'll post it or at least reference the issue and page number. 

Yellow accessories are fun.  I don't have too many things in yellow but here are two photos of mine:

This is from the model apartment.  Our kitchen is exactly the same as this one but we don't have the accessories.  I love a yellow lemon and green lime combo, obviously a practical combo anyone can do

Yellow Bamboo table cloth from Williams-Sonoma that was  on clearance for $20 instead of $90.  It's a bit big on our table but I don't care, I love it.  They had one also in green.  

Anyone trying out yellow in interiors or elsewhere?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, positive and constructive. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts at Dave is Home!