Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mercury Glass

My wedding dress sale didn't go through today :( another seller beat me to it and the buyer bought another dress before my appointment.

Oh well!  That's how it rolls.  If the bride doesn't buy a dress the day she walks in the store or from a ksl buyer, chances are she'll go somewhere else.

So it's still for sale!


Ever see these types of vases, admire their antique silver-like appearance and wonder what they're called?

From Pottery Barn

It's called "mercury glass"

I think it is one of the most beautiful decorative pieces anywhere.  My favorite pieces are candlesticks and vases.  They bring more light and sparkle to your living space.

They are sold in a lot of stores.  It is possible to DIY them but I just prefer to buy.

Here is a picture I took at Z Gallerie at Fashion Place Mall

This is at Home Goods across the street from Fashion Place.  Exactly the same stuff "at a price that will make YOU 'Home Goods' happy"

Some people collect the real deal of mercury glass, but I'm not really into collecting and trading antiques so buying the authentic thing is not much of importance to me.  I just want to get the right pieces for our house.  I'm thinking about buying a couple to place on our console table, which gets the most sunlight in.  

I've seen them at Pottery Barn, Z Gallerie, West Elm and Home Goods.  Home Goods has the best price for them, but the stock always keeps rotating bi-weekly, so it's important to check often.

Can't wait to get my hands on some of them soon!  They are perfect for the holidays and all year round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, positive and constructive. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts at Dave is Home!